Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Another year has come and gone. And I am sure that many of you leave behind a pile of broken resolutions.

There are two words wrong on that hat...

"This is the year," we say! "I'm going to get into shape, and lose weight and write that novel!" All of which last until about 3 PM on New Year's Day because you're so hungover from the night before you eat a breakfast of Doritos and cold pizza

Why set ourselves up for failure? I know myself by now. I've been around a few years. I know by now that dramatic change is not probable.

Yet each year, now is the time! And each year, failure, feeling bad about it, more Doritos, etc.


Maybe next year...


So, guess what? I'm lowering my sights! I am going to shoot for achievable resolutions! Serenity now!


1. Watch more TV 

There are still a few Law & Orders I haven't seen! And I got Breaking Bad for Christmas! Plus there are 63 different marathons on New Year's weekend! I think I'll go with The Walking Dead.



Since this is how I usually feel on New Year's morning.

Prognosis: Achieved by Jan. 2nd!
2. Eat more cheese

And by cheese, I mean real cheese, i.e. has once been inside a cow or a goat. 

Sorry, nacho cheese. You don't qualify.

Prognosis: We have port cheddar and fig goat cheese for breakfast tomorrow! Done and done! 

3. Revel in joy!

Carpe diem! Live life to the fullest! Embrace the now!

But... what will I write about?

Prognosis:


"Now don't be sad, 'cause two out of three ain't bad..."

Happy new year to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment